REGISTER AHEAD OF TIME AS THIS CLASS MAY FILL UP QUICKLY!!
This course is designed to instruct the security officer in the moral and legal aspects on the use of the firearm while on duty. This course will not allow the student to carry a concealed weapon. There is no temporary firearm permit. Students must wait until a record check has been conducted by the state and federal agencies involved to receive the license. Must be at least 18 years of age to take this course.(*Potential to change, Students be advised*)
Effective January 1, 2018, State law requires a security guard applying for an initial BSIS firearms permit must be found capable of exercising appropriate judgment, restraint, and self-control for the purposes of carrying a firearm during the course of their guard duties. The determination will be carried out via an assessment administered by a third-party vendor selected by BSIS, NOT BY US. The cost of this assessment is separate from any course fees listed in our website. This assessment will not be done by us. If you have any questions regarding this law contact BSIS at (916) 322-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the firearm permit requirements CLICK HERE
Training Time: 16 hours (2 days)
- Course: $150.00 (includes the use of ONE firearm of the caliber of your choice, as well as target and range fees) *AMMO IS NOT INCLUDED, YOU MUST PROVIDE THIS ON DAY 2 OF TRAINING*
- DUE TO CURRENT LAW REGARDING AMMUNITION, BE SURE TO PURCHASE YOUR AMMUNITION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WE DO NOT SELL AMMUNITION. AMMUNITION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE THE DAY OF THE RANGE.
- You will need a minimum of 100 rounds for each caliber you plan to qualify.
- If you need to use our firearm, you must use factory new, brass cased ammo. NO RELOADS, STEEL, OR ALUMINUM CASED AMMO.
- Add $10.00 for each additional firearm rental.
- Calibers available for rental are: 9mm, .40, .38, .357.
RANGE TRAINING MAY BE POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN OR STRONG WIND.
Permit Application Fees (Not covered by course fee.)
If applying for Firearms Permit only:
- Live Scan fees $114.00 approximately (Payable to the Live Scan provider when getting finger prints done. Covers DOJ background check fee of $70.00, FBI background check fee of $17.00, and Live Scan service fee.)
- BSIS licensing fee $100.00, payable when you submit your permit application to BSIS.
- Cost for required firearm applicant assessment fee $60.00, payable when you take the assessment.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU TO CLASS
- FIREARM, BELT, HOLSTER, MAGAZINE/SPEED LOADER POUCH, AT LEAST 3 MAGAZINES OR 2 SPEED LOADERS (ONLY IF YOU ARE USING YOUR OWN FIREARM.)
- AMMO (ONLY ON DAY 2. MINIMUM 100 ROUNDS PER CALIBER, BRING MORE IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED THE EXTRA TRAINING. ALL AMMO MUST BE BRASS CASED. NO RELOADED AMMO IF YOU ARE USING OUR FIREARMS.)
- PICTURE ID (CALIFORNIA ID)
- GUARD CARD OR PROOF THAT YOU HAVE RECENTLY COMPLETED PHASE 1 TRAINING.
- A DOCUMENT OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS. ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS (You need to bring one of the following):
- U.S. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- U.S. MILITARY ID CARD (ACTIVE, RESERVE, NATIONAL GUARD)
- DD-214 FORM
- CURRENT U.S. PASSPORT (NOT EXPIRED)
- CURRENT U.S. PASSPORT CARD (NOT EXPIRED)
- CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION
- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD (NOT EXPIRED)